Saturday, December 15, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
EDIT2: Live Streams = over!
I did a few live streams, and thankfully a few people checked it out! So I'd just like to say to those who checked it out, I hope you enjoyed it! And expect a review to pop up, hopefully by the end of this week.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Seeing as the game is coming out soon in Japan, I decided to do some info hunting on the game(for some reason not many folks are covering this game?) . The game as you should know if you checked out the release date post for december, the game is coming out on the 27th. What you might not know though is the game is going to have a new jRock theme song! How exciting! You can hear a bit of it during the PV. Song is called "Heart" and is by a new band called asunaro(あすなろ) the CD single will be released on the 12th.
The biggest feature I feel like writing about is the inclusion of a new world map, the original SFC verison of Star Ocean 1 didn't feature a world map, instead you traveled accross small field maps, each of which were linked together. This was actually pretty original back in the day(not having a world map), but Star Ocean 2 quickily went back to the tried and true world map. So this remake will feature a world map much like the one in Star Ocean 2, which is interesting to say the least. I wonder how this might change the game play? And will we still see the original field maps some how? I sure hope so, cause they were sure pretty!
I also just hope the world map doesn't feel useless or tacked on.
You can check out more about the game by visiting http://www.eternalsphere.com/so1/
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Here's the press release, enjoy!
London (5th December 2007) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU™, an exciting new title from the makers of KINGDOM HEARTS, will be released exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ handheld system across all PAL territories in spring 2008.
Previously known as Subarashiki Kono Sekai™ on its release in Japan. THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is an innovative new title from Square Enix that fully utilizes the capabilities of the Nintendo DS, and takes major influence from Japan’s modern day culture including its people, music, clothes, food and design.
Set in Tokyo’s trendiest district, the story begins with the lead character Neku waking up to find a phone message stating he has only 7 days before he will cease to exist. Only with the coolest fashions, friends and fighting skills can Neku restore hope to the city’s population and prevent being stricken from existence altogether!
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “Square Enix has traditionally been associated with RPG’s set in fantasy lands, but THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is our first ever game to be set in modern times and real-life locations. The use of the Nintendo DS functionality is second to none. We believe gamers of all ages and abilities will be able to enjoy all that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU has to offer.”
About THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU
The story begins as our hero, Neku, wakes up amidst the hustle and bustle of Shibuya, Tokyo. Confused and disoriented, he receives a message on his phone warning him that he will cease to exist unless he completes a certain mission. With his life seemingly on the line, Neku plunges into the back streets of the urban labyrinth…
- Experience the urban grit and neon of the coolest district in Tokyo with a distinctive, high quality style of in-game artwork
- Meet an achingly hip cast of characters each with an interesting personality and stylish sense in fashion, music and culture
- Highly innovative and intuitive combat system that makes full use of the Nintendo DS Touch Screen, Dual Screens and Microphone like no other game before it!
- Use fantastic psychic powers to read the thoughts of the population, put words into people’s minds, and move objects to help you progress in your adventure!
- Immerse yourself in an amazing audio soundtrack featuring a diverse fusion of bleeding-edge hip-hop, rock, and techno
- A tale of friendship, hope and overcoming your challenges, creatively told with a modern edge
- Shop till you drop! Keep abreast of the latest Trends to stay one step ahead of the fashion scene and your enemies. Trade items with friends using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection too
- Action-packed minigame fun that can be enjoyed by up to four players via DS Wireless Play!
- Engage the Chance Encounter mode via DS Wireless Play to share data with fellow game users you bump into in the real world
Saturday, December 1, 2007
「ドット絵 サイコー！」 "Pixel Art is Awesome!" lmao Seriously, I wish more english PVs were like that!(Now that I think about it the english PV for RPG Maker XP was the same way) I watched that video like 4 times in amazement, RPG Maker VX looks awesome! It's coming out in english in February next year, and you can bet I'll be buying it day one! Now I joke about the voice over, but the guy's english isn't actually that bad(Though I wish he had the same passion as the Japanese voice over.)... I was expecting him to say "RPG Maker BX!".
Anywho, For more info on this wonderful program check out www.rpgmakervx.com
Until next time, remember kids "It's almost like cheating!".